Prices are tax included
Warning: Last items in stock!
Meshes of the Afternoon (1943)
At Land (1944)
A Study in Choreography for Camera (1945)
Ritual in Transfigured Time (1946)
The Private Life of a Cat (1947)
Meditation on Violence (1948)
The Very Eye of Night (1958)
Divine Horsemen (1947-54, 1977)
Kino Classics is proud to announce the release of the Maya Deren Collection, an eight-film retrospective of the director's work presented by in new 2K restorations by Kino Classics and Re:Voir.
Regarded as one of the most important of all avant garde filmmakers, and called the "Mother of the American Avant Garde Film" by Cecile Starr in The New York Times, Maya Deren (1917-1961) created an influential body of work that pushed new boundaries in experimental cinema.
* Audio commentaries on Divine Horsemen, Meditation on Violence, and Ritual in Transfigured Time by film scholar Moira Jean Sullivan
* Audio commentaries on At Land, Meshes of the Afternoon, and The Very Eye of Night by film curator Thomas Beard
* Never-released outtakes from the original soundtrack recording sessions with Teiji Ito on Meshes of the Afternoon and The Very Eye of Night
* Invocation: Maya Deren (1987, a documentary by Jo Ann Kaplan)
* Booket Essays by film scholar Moira Jean Sullivan
* Alternate French audio for Divine Horsemen recorded by Raymonde Carasco
1.33:1 |1920x1080p (Blu-ray) | Runtime: 208 minutes | 2.0 Mono | B&W
|Artist(s)||Maya Deren, Talley Beatty, Rita Christiani, Frank Westbrook, Anaïs Nin, Ch'ao Li Chi, Anthony Tudor, Teiji Ito|
|Format||Blu-Ray, All regions, black and white, sound|
|Language(s)||English and French|
|Publisher||RE:VOIR & Kino Classics|
If you are buying this item for use in educational, cultural or library setting, you need to buy institutional rights.
After you added this item to your cart, please click on the link below to purchase the rights: