PETER KUBELKA TALKS ABOUT HIS FILM ARNULF RAINER AT CCCB BARCELONA
Day one, February 20, 2007
1. Film as a material.
2. Silence and sync events.
3. How he made the film and structured the elements.
4. The first film he ever saw.
5. Day, night and ecstacy.
6. Creating ecstacy through structure.
7. The first time he saw the finished film.
8. How the public reacted.
9. Moral art, an acquired taste.
10. Precision and improvisation.
11. Improvisation in architecture (Gaudi). On the title.
Day two, February 21, 2007
1. On sync events, the dance of now.
2. Movement in cinema is virtual.
3. ARNULF RAINER presents real sync events.
4. Beauty is only what is good for me.
5. Stealing his films. Distribution dilemmas.
6. The first coops. Founding Anthology Film Archives.
7. The essential cinema collection. The invisible cinema.
8. Explaining the invisible cinema.
9. The ideal movie theatre.
10. Problems with film in the art world, curators, power struggles.
11. Problems with showing films in galleries, expos. On sound.
12. Better technology not better for films.
13. Respect the technology of the work in its time.
14. On fighting for one's art and independence.
15. ARNULF RAINER: Peter projects the beginning of his film.
16. ARNULF RAINER: projector, Peter and screen.
17. ARNULF RAINER: projector, Peter, screen and audience.
18. ARNULF RAINER: Peter and screen.
19. ARNULF RAINER: The audience.
20. ARNULF RAINER: CU Peter.
21. ARNULF RAINER: End of film, Peter stops projector.
22. On his latest film POETRY AND TRUTH.
23. POETRY AND TRUTH as dance film, as archaeology.
24. POETRY AND TRUTH as comedy, as horror. Revealing the hidden.
25. On entertainment vs art.
26. On cinematographic language.
27. On his career, on specialists and humans.
Reproduction of representation captured by Pip Chodorov.